Rocky Mountains SUMMER MAGIC
The Rocky Mountains SUMMER MAGIC Tour
4 days / 3 nights from $365
If you haven’t been to the Rockies with West Trek…. you haven’t been to the Real Canada!
** BANFF has been named the #1 Canadian travel destination by TripAdvisor! Jasper was named #11 in Canada!
Visit them both on one of our Rocky Mountain adventures! **
Student (with valid student card) & Youth (19 & under)= $365
Adult price (20+) = $399
What do most people think of when you say that you are going to visit Canada? Stunning alpine lakes surrounded by towering, snow capped peaks; quaint mountain villages; and incredible scenery are what most people expect. And this is exactly what we’ll show you!
Join us on a 3-day tour to the heart of the Canadian Rockies as we travel through some of the most awe inspiring scenery to be found anywhere in the world!!
Picture turquoise lakes so beautiful that they look like they can’t be real and must have been painted.
Picture soaring mountain peaks that look like they’ve come from an imaginary fantasy-land.
Picture glaciers of solid ice nestled on mountain tops and creeping along valley floors.
Now, put yourself in the picture on our Summer Magic Rocky Mountain Tour!
Get your cameras ready and prepare to embark on a journey into a Disney-like fairy tale land of majestic castles, towering peaks, frigid glaciers, and stunning lakes. 4 days of breath taking scenery that will give you memories to last a lifetime.
The 3 nights are spent in Valemount, Banff and Golden
There are SO MANY highlights on this tour that we barely know where to start! Here are some of the best:
- LAKE LOUISE. Visit the most famous lake in Canada and marvel at the amazing colour of the water framed by a stunning mountain backdrop.
- BANFF. The most famous mountain village in the Canadian Rockies.
- MORAINE LAKE. One of the most stunning lakes you will ever see. (This will most likely be closed on our November tour due to snow.)
- POLAR BEAR SWIM at Moraine Lake. Once you try it, you’ll know why we gave it that name! Only for the very brave. (Not on the November tour!)
- The ICEFIELDS PARKWAY. Often described as the most beautiful highway in the world, this route is lined with mountains, glaciers, lakes and waterfalls.
- PEYTO LAKE. This hidden gem is every guides favourite.
- BOW LAKE. A beautiful mountain lake not to be missed.
- The COLUMBIA ICEFIELDS. No trip to the Rockies is complete without taking an Ice Explorer Snowcoach tour out on to the glacier. Definitely a once in a lifetime thrill! (Not available on our Nov. tour however we will still do a photo stop at the Glacier.)
- ATHABASCA FALLS. Witness the thundering roar as the Athabasca River drops 23m through a limestone gorge.
- JASPER. Visit Banffs’ little sister. Quieter than Banff, Jasper is a gem waiting to be discovered.
- MT. ROBSON. The highest mountain in the Canadian Rockies.
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN RAVE. It’s a rockin’ way to end your tour! Camp songs, ghost stories, a roaring fire, an authentic First Nations tepee, learn to Line Dance & life sized animal carvings all combine to make this a favourite stop!
- INDOOR POOLS, HOT TUBS & WATERSLIDES.
- The ENDERBY MARKET. You have 35 minutes to find the most outrageous thing you can buy for a couple of bucks!
- SPAHATS FALLS. One of the most dramatic waterfalls in Western Canada!
- CAMPFIRE & MARSHMALLOW ROAST. This is soooo Canadian!
- HOCKEY NIGHT in VALEMOUNT. Playing ball hockey in the Rockies – now how Canadian is that!!
- MOUNT ROYAL HOTEL. Part of the 3 rules of tourism – Location, Location, Location. This hotel is right in the centre of Banff within easy walking distance to all the shops, restaurants, and night clubs. (Subject to availability. On some long weekends we use multiple hotels.)
- AWESOME ACTIVITY PASS. Only available from West Trek. You get the 2 premier Rocky Mountain activities – The Icefields Snowcoach Ride & The Banff Gondola + a souvenir T-shirt all for a great discount!
- FLYING HIGH with West Trek!
- The PERFECT MIX of amazing adventures and stunning sightseeing!
- 3 nights hotel accommodation (1 night right in Banff). Price is based on 4 per room sharing 2 queen beds. Upgrades subject to availability.
- A Canadian BBQ dinner in Golden and in Valemount
- A continental breakfast in Golden and in Valemount
- Daily guided sightseeing through some of the most incredible scenery in the world.
- Free entrance to Banff’s best nightclubs.
- End of tour PARTY at the ROCKY MOUNTAIN RAVE. Marshmallow roasts, songs, a roaring campfire, and dozens of new friends. It just doesn’t get any better!
- Deluxe coach transportation – Getting there really IS half the fun!
- Play Hockey in the Rockies
- Videos, games and entertainment on the coach
- A FUN & FRIENDLY Canadian Tour Guide
- All tips and taxes
- Learn to Line Dance
- All park fees
“I’m soooooo in looooove with Canada!!!!!!!!!!” – Daniela, Brazil
“It was such a great weekend!!! Thank you so much once again… I’ll remember it forever!” – Elli, Germany
For many of you, this is a once in a lifetime chance to visit the Canadian Rockies. Make the most of it by participating in some incredible optional activities.
- AWESOME ACTIVITY PASS. To make it easy and more affordable, we have combined the 2 most popular activities on the Rocky Mountain circuit. You get the Columbia Ice Explorer Snowcoach Ride + the Banff Gondola + a Rocky Mountain souvenir T-shirt all for $75! (cash price if paid on the bus). BEST VALUE – Strongly recommended.
- BANFF GONDOLA. Soar to the top of Sulphur Mountain for incredible 360 degree views. The gondola climbs 698 m (2,292 ft) to the 2, 281 m (7,486 ft) summit of Sulphur Mountain. Fantastic views of the town of Banff, Mt. Rundle, the Bow Valley and Cascade Mountain. $30
- ICE EXPLORER SNOWCOACH RIDE. A passenger favourite for the past 11 years, this tour takes you right on to the Athabasca Glacier aboard massive, specially designed Ice Explorers. You have time to make a snowman, have a snowball fight, fill a water bottle with “glacier fresh” water or just revel in the amazing scenery. Not to be missed! $50.
- Banff Hot Springs. Relax in a beautiful outdoor pool heated naturally with the hot springs. $8
- Canoeing on the Bow River in Banff or at Lake Louise. You have time to rent a canoe and head out to explore the Banff area or paddle around Canada’s most famous lake.
- Room Upgrades (base price is 4 per room sharing 2 queen beds)
- 3 per room add $40 per person
- 2 per room or private bed in a room with 3, add $95
- Private room add $275
This tour is offered “On Demand”. Please contact email@example.com if you have a group of 10 or more interested in a Rocky Mountain tour. You can also join any of our Vancouver departures by meeting the bus en route.
Sample only. Exact times may vary depending on road, traffic, and weather conditions.
Day One – Kelowna to Valemount
7:45 am - Pick up at Okanagan College
8:00 am – Pick up at UBC campus
8:45 am – Pick up in Vernon
10:45 am – Rest stop in Kamloops
12:45 – Lunch break in Clearwater
An afternoon highlight is a stop at Spahats Falls, one of Western Canada’s most impressive.
4:45 pm – Check in to your Valemount hotel.
7:00 pm – Hockey Night in Valemount! Enjoy a robust game of ball hockey after a long day on the bus. After that, enjoy a Canadian BBQ (included).
Day Two – Valemount to Banff
A full and busy day of awe inspiring scenery!
7:00 am – Breakfast at the hotel (included)
7:45 am – Depart Valemount
En route to Jasper and the Province of Alberta, we stop at Mt. Robson for some photos and a stretch break.
10:45 am – Time to explore Jasper and grab a picnic lunch for later
12:00 – Athabasca Falls and a great place to eat your picnic lunch
1:45 pm – The Columbia Icefields and Snowcoach Ride. Bring a hat, gloves, warm jacket and sunglasses. It can be really cold on the glacier and the sun reflects off the ice so sunglasses are helpful.
Afternoon highlights en route to Banff include a stop at Bow Lake.
7:00 pm – Check in to the Mt. Royal Hotel in the heart of Banff
Tonight it’s PARTY NIGHT in Banff! For those that want a country atmosphere there is Wild Bills and for those that want to dance the night away there is the ever popular Aurora Night Club! Note that the drinking age in Alberta is 18, not 19 like in BC.
Day Three – Banff to Golden
8:00 am – Depart hotel and enjoy a guided tour of Banff with stops at Surprise Corner and Bow Falls.
9:15 am – After the Banff tour we take a ride up the Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain for those that have chosen this option. Afterwards you have Free Time to explore Banff.
1:30 pm – We say good bye to this cozy mountain village and head to Lake Louise. At Lake Louise you have plenty of time to go for a canoe paddle or hike around the lake on one of the many trails.
In the afternoon we visit Johnston Canyon with it’s frozen waterfalls. After that we head to world famous Lake Louise. From there we pass through the Kicking Horse Pass and Yoho National Park en route to Golden.
6:00 pm – Check in to the Sportsman Lodge, Golden. Indoor pool, hot tub and waterslide.
7:00 pm – BBQ around the campfire (included).
7:30 pm – Learn to Line Dance at Camp West Trek!
In the evening we have our End of Tour Party around a campfire as we roast marshmallows in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains.
Day Four – Golden to Kelowna
9:00 am – Breakfast at the hotel (included).
9:00 am – Stop at historic Rogers Pass (on the Pacific side of the timeline – 1 hour from Golden)
This morning we pass through Glacier National Park and past Mt. Revelstoke National Park.
10:00 am – Discover some Giant Cedars on this scenic hike.
11:15 am – Explore the mountain village of Revelstoke. Lunch stop.
1:00 pm – Rest stop at the historic Last Spike.
At Sicamous we head south in to the heart of the Okanagan Valley. We pass through Vernon and along the shore of several pretty lakes.
2:45 pm – Drop off in Vernon
3:45 pm – Drop off in Kelowna
What to bring:
- Swimming suit for the hot tubs and pools
- Proof of medical insurance
- Government Photo ID (passport) & Student ID
- Good walking shoes or hiking boots
- Night club attire for Banff
- Warm jacket, hat, and gloves. You’ll want these for the Snowcoach Ride.
- We recommend paying at least 10 days before departure to avoid disappointment. This is especially important on Holiday Weekends in the summer.
- The tour is NON-REFUNDABLE within 7 days of departure.
- NO REFUND if you fail to show up at the meeting spot on time.
- A small bus may be used for smaller groups.