The CANADIAN – SUMMER
Check out our “Honour Gallery” below. Upload your best photos here and they may place in our top 10!
The ROCKY MOUNTAINS
The CANADIAN from $365
This is the BEST ULTIMATE Rocky Mountain Tour!
This is the tour that made West Trek famous for best quality, innovative and fun budget tours.
If you haven’t been to the Rockies with West Trek…. you haven’t been to the Real Canada!
Find out what to do in the Rocky Mountains!
Take advantage of our Awesome Activity Pass – only from West Trek (details below).
Read on to see how the 3 Rules of Tours – LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION – work in your favour with West Trek. Not all tours are created equal…
** BANFF has just been named the #1 Canadian travel destination by TripAdvisor! Jasper was named #11 in Canada!
Visit them both on one of our Rocky Mountain adventures! **
“Lee, Mojo and Adam ROCKED the mountains – thank you for an awesome trip guys!” – Mads, Denmark
“AAAAAHHHHH, the trip to the Rockies was the BEST ever!!!!!!! thank you soooo much!!!!!!! I guess I’ll be booking the Victoria Trip with you guys as well! West Trek Tours are simply the best!!!!!!!!!!!!” – Lili, Germany
West Trek customers taking a break from playing Hockey in the Rockies with the Mayor of Valemount (top right)
Student (with valid student card) & Youth (19 & under)= $370
Take off $10 if paying at our office with cash.
Adult price (20+) = $399
Our Rocky Mountain Canadian tour has long been the #1 choice with ESL students and International students visiting Vancouver. This tour provides an affordable way to visit the Rocky Mountains and get a fantastic overview of all that this magical corner of Canada has to offer!
What do most people think of when you say that you are going to visit Canada? Stunning alpine lakes surrounded by towering, snow capped peaks; quaint mountain villages; and incredible scenery are what most people expect. And this is exactly what we’ll show you on our “flagship” tour – The Canadian.
Join us on a 4-day tour to the heart of the Canadian Rockies as we travel through some of the most awe inspiring scenery to be found anywhere in the world!!
Picture turquoise lakes so beautiful that they look like they can’t be real and must have been painted.
Picture soaring mountain peaks that look like they’ve come from an imaginary fantasy-land.
Picture glaciers of solid ice nestled on mountain tops and creeping along valley floors.
Now, put yourself in the picture on our Canadian Rocky Mountain Tour!
Get your cameras ready and prepare to embark on a journey into a Disney-like fairy tale land of majestic castles, towering peaks, frigid glaciers, and stunning lakes. 4 days of breath taking scenery that will give you memories to last a lifetime.
ROCK the ROCKIES PARTY TOURS
These are special tours for those aged 19 and older with a focus on Parties, Parties, Parties. Some of the extras on these tours include:
- Priority entrance to the Devil’s Gap in Banff
- On board booze raffles
- Beer tasting
- And more!
These are PREMIUM Tours – add $5 to the normal cost.
Watch our website for upcoming Party Tours!
Next Party Tour is VICTORIA DAY HOLIDAY WEEKEND, May 18 – 21.
“Thanks for amazing trip!! I want to come back in Canada again!! And I wish westtrek tour join again!” – Kimiko, Japan
“Thanks Mojo, Adam and Lee, I had the best weekend with you guys from West Trek! Keep on Rocking the Rockies!!!!!! Cheers and thanks again!” – George, Germany
The 3 nights are spent in Valemount, Banff, and Golden
There are SO MANY highlights on this tour that we barely know where to start! Here are some of the best:
- LAKE LOUISE. Visit the most famous lake in Canada and marvel at the amazing colour of the water framed by a stunning mountain backdrop.
- BANFF. The most famous mountain village in the Canadian Rockies.
- MORAINE LAKE. One of the most stunning lakes you will ever see. (mid-June onwards)
- POLAR BEAR SWIM at Moraine Lake. Once you try it, you’ll know why we gave it that name! Only for the very brave. (Seasonal)
- The ICEFIELDS PARKWAY. Often described as the most beautiful highway in the world, this route is lined with mountains, glaciers, lakes and waterfalls.
- PEYTO LAKE. This hidden gem is every guides favourite. (mid-June onwards)
- BOW LAKE. A beautiful mountain lake not to be missed.
- The COLUMBIA ICEFIELDS. No trip to the Rockies is complete without taking an Ice Explorer Snowcoach tour out on to the glacier. Definitely a once in a lifetime thrill!
“Columbia Icefields. I’ve never seen like that before in my life. I was so moved.” – Itoh, Japan
- ATHABASCA FALLS. Witness the thundering roar as the Athabasca River drops 23m through a limestone gorge.
- JASPER. Visit Banffs’ little sister. Quieter than Banff, Jasper is a gem waiting to be discovered.
- MT. ROBSON. The highest mountain in the Canadian Rockies.
- The OKANAGAN VALLEY. We travel through the heart of the Okanagan including the towns of Vernon and Kelowna giving you a close look at BC’s Summer Playground area. Vineyards and flea markets. Beautiful lakes and rolling hills. Not to be missed and only with West Trek!
- The ENDERBY MARKET. You have 25 minutes to find the most outrageous thing you can buy for a couple of bucks! Not to be missed and only with West Trek!
- SPAHATS FALLS. One of the most dramatic waterfalls in Western Canada!
- OTHELLO TUNNELS. Walk through old railway tunnels in this stunning gorge made famous by Rambo – First Blood.
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN RAVE. It’s a rockin’ way to start or end your tour! Camp songs, ghost stories, a roaring fire, an authentic First Nations tepee, learn to Line Dance & life sized animal carvings all combine to make this a favourite stop! Not to be missed and only with West Trek!
- HOCKEY NIGHT in VALEMOUNT. Playing ball hockey in the Rockies – now how Canadian is that!! Not to be missed and only with West Trek!
- MOUNT ROYAL HOTEL. Part of the 3 rules of tourism – Location, Location, Location. This hotel is right in the centre of Banff within easy walking distance to all the shops, restaurants, and night clubs. (Subject to availability. On some long weekends we use multiple hotels.)
- AWESOME ACTIVITY PASS. Only available from West Trek. You get the 2 premier Rocky Mountain activities – The Icefields Snowcoach Ride & The Banff Gondola + a souvenir T-shirt all for a great discount!
- INDOOR POOLS, HOT TUBS & WATERSLIDES.
- CAMPFIRE & MARSHMALLOW ROAST. This is soooo Canadian!
- FLYING HIGH with West Trek!
“Thank you for last weekend! I made a lot of memories thanks to you!!” – Chihiro, Japan
“It was best trip in my life:)” – Mohanad, Saudi Arabia
- The PERFECT MIX of amazing adventures and stunning sightseeing!
- 3 nights hotel accommodation (1 night right in the centre of Banff). Price is based on 4 per room sharing 2 queen beds. Upgrades subject to availability.
- 4 meals – - 2 breakfasts and 2 Canadian BBQ dinners
- Daily guided sightseeing through some of the most incredible scenery in the world.
- Free entrance to Banff’s best nightclubs.
- End of tour PARTY at Camp West Trek. Marshmallow roasts, songs, a roaring campfire, and dozens of new friends. It just doesn’t get any better!
- Hockey in Valemount
- Deluxe coach transportation – Getting there really IS half the fun!
- Videos, games and entertainment on the coach
- A FUN & FRIENDLY Canadian Tour Guide
- All tips and taxes
- Learn to Line Dance
- All park fees
“I’m soooooo in looooove with Canada!!!!!!!!!!” – Daniela, Brazil
“It was such a great weekend!!! Thank you so much once again… I’ll remember it forever!” – Elli, Germany
For many of you, this is a once in a lifetime chance to visit the Canadian Rockies. Make the most of it by participating in some incredible optional activities.
- LAKE LOUISE GONDOLA. The BEST bear viewing this side of the Rockies! Amazing views across the Bow Valley to Lake Louise, Mt. Temple, the Victoria Glacier and much more! $30 + tax = $31.50 $30 + tax = $31.50
- ICE EXPLORER SNOWCOACH RIDE. A passenger favourite for the past 11 years, this tour takes you right on to the Athabasca Glacier aboard massive, specially designed Ice Explorers. You have time to make a snowman, have a snowball fight, fill a water bottle with “glacier fresh” water or just revel in the amazing scenery. Not to be missed! $50 + tax = $52.50
- BUT WAIT… If you buy our AWESOME ACTIVITY PASS you get the 2 most popular activities on the Rocky Mountain circuit (the Columbia Ice Explorer Snowcoach Ride + the Lake Louise Gondola) PLUS a Rocky Mountain souvenir T-shirt (a $15 value) FREE PLUS we’ll pay the tax. That means all 3 for only $80! (cash price). BEST VALUE – Strongly recommended.
- VIP seating. You can reserve a seat in the first 3 rows for a nominal extra fee. This means that you are first off the bus at every stop giving you more time at the attractions, you get the best views on the bus through the supersized front windows, plus you get a FREE drink at our pub in Banff! All for only $15. That’s less than $4 a day!
- Banff Hot Springs. Relax in a beautiful outdoor pool heated naturally with the hot springs. $8
- Canoeing on the Bow River in Banff or at Lake Louise. You have time to rent a canoe and head out to explore the Banff area or paddle around Canada’s most famous lake.
- Room Upgrades (base price is 4 per room sharing 2 queen beds)
- 3 per room add $45 per person
- 2 per room or private bed in a room with 3, add $100
- Private room add $295
May 17 to 20 VICTORIA DAY HOLIDAY
May 31 to June 3
June 14 to 17
June 28 to July 1 CANADA DAY HOLIDAY
July 5 to 8
July 12 to 15
July 19 to 22
July 26 to 29
Aug. 2 to 5 CIVIC HOLIDAY
Aug. 9 to 12
Aug. 16 to 19
Aug. 23 to 26
Aug. 30 to Sept. 2 LABOR DAY HOLIDAY
Sept. 6 to 9
Sept. 13 to 16
Sept. 20 to 23
Oct. 11 to 14 THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY
Oct. 25 to 28
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION – Not all tours are created equal. Make sure you are getting the best value for your money!
We would like to present the facts and let you make an informed decision.
There is a reason that West Trek has, for years, been the #1 choice of ESL and International students going to the Rockies. A lot of it has to do with which hotels we pick and where they’re located. At West Trek we pride ourselves on the location and quality of our hotels. We WANT you to compare with the other budget operators before making a decision!
Our itinerary has been carefully constructed to allow you the MAXIMUM amount of time in the key sightseeing areas. Our hotels have been specially chosen to provide you with all the best comforts and amenities while still providing the benefit of the BEST Locations.
Valemount – This small village is located right on the Rockies circuit which means that you don’t have to waste time traveling off the route to find accommodation. The benefit is that you have more time at the sights and less time driving. Our hotel, The Ramada, is one of the best hotels in town. Our hotel features an indoor pool, waterslide, and hot tub PLUS you can have a game of ball hockey on the property!
Before booking, find out what hotel the tour operator is using and check the hotel website first. We also suggest you check impartial ranking agencies such as Trip Advisor and Travel Yahoo. If the tour operator doesn’t list what hotel they use, there is probably a reason.
Valemount vs McBride. As mentioned, Valemount is on the Rocky Mountain circuit. Going to McBride means that you are wasting over an hour driving off the route. This time should be spent sightseeing. This is a short tour, don’t spend any more time than you have to sitting on a bus.
Banff – The focal point of any Rocky Mountain tour. The Mt. Royal is located in the heart of Banff within seconds of shops, restaurants, pubs, and nightclubs. You’re only in Banff one night – make the most of it by staying in the heart of the village with West Trek.
Golden – There are several advantages of overnighting in Golden vs spending the first night in Revelstoke.
One – Revelstoke is in the Pacific Time Zone. Golden is in the Mountain Time zone, same as Lake Louise and Banff.
Two – Golden is in a valley beside the Rockies. You see the Rockies as you sit by our campfire and first thing in the morning… Revelstoke isn’t in the Rockies. It’s 150 km west of the Rockies. If you are on a Rocky Mountain tour, you should stay in the Rockies.
Three – The Rocky Mountain Rave. Our hotel in Golden features the extremely popular Camp where passengers can take photos in an authentic First Nations tepee; roast marshmallows around a campfire, play a game of soccer or ultimate frisbee, or enjoy the indoor pool, waterslide and hot tub. This is a highlight with many of our guests and an experience not to be missed. No other budget tour operator offers you all of this in Golden!
Four – Our hotel in Golden is rated 3.5 stars and ranked #4 of 18 hotels in Golden by Trip Advisor. To save you time, we’ll do the comparison for you. The competitions’ “Ultimate” tour stays in a hotel that is also rated 3.5 stars BUT it is #8 out of 15 Revelstoke area hotels on Trip Advisor and #9 of 15 on on Travel Yahoo.
Our bus leaves Golden at 8:00 in the morning. It arrives at Lake Louise and the key sightseeing corridor at 9:05am local time. You have the FULL day in the heart of the Rockies.
Our competition leaves Revelstoke at 8:00 in the morning. They arrive in Lake Louise between 12:15 and 12:30 am local time allowing for one quick rest stop to break up the 3 hour drive.
Both companies spend Day 2 in the key Rockies corridor but with West Trek you get close to three and a half hours more sightseeing time! The tour is just too short to waste all that time by staying in Revelstoke the first night.
Bottom line – AVOID any tour company that tries to sell you Revelstoke and area as the “Ultimate” jumping off point for a 4 day, 3 night tour of the Rockies. That is simply not true. Golden is IN the Rockies, on the right side of the time line and no one can argue that it is a much more logical place to start a tour of the Lake Louise to Banff corridor.
We spend the money on all the LITTLE things that make a BIG difference!
North Route (sample)
Note that on busy weekends we will have buses traveling both the North and South circuit. They will see exactly the same things but on different days.
Day One – Vancouver to Valemount
7:00 am - Meet at the corner of Seymour St. and Cordova St. opposite the Waterfront Skytrain & Seabus Station.
The fun begins as you leave Vancouver. Your Guide reviews some of the highlights of the tour plus gives you details on all you need to know in order to take full advantage of your time in the Rockies. We have special on board activities to help break the ice and let you get to know your new friends and fellow adventurers.
9:30 am – Rest stop in the Hope area.
12:00 – Lunch break in Kamloops
An afternoon highlight is a stop at Spahats Falls, one of Western Canada’s most impressive.
5:30 pm – Check in to our hotel in Valemount.
6:00 pm – Canadian BBQ (included)
7:00 pm – It’s Hockey Night in Valemount! Enjoy a robust game of ball hockey after a long day on the bus.
Day Two – Valemount to Banff
A full and busy day of awe inspiring scenery!
7:00 am – Breakfast at the hotel (included)
7:45 am – Depart Valemount
En route to Jasper and the Province of Alberta, we stop at Mt. Robson for some photos and a stretch break.
10:45 am – Time to explore Jasper and grab a picnic lunch for later
12:00 – Athabasca Falls and a great place to eat your picnic lunch
1:45 pm – The Columbia Icefields and Snowcoach Ride. Bring a hat, gloves, warm jacket and sunglasses. It can be really cold on the glacier and the sun reflects off the ice so sunglasses are helpful.
Afternoon highlights en route to Banff include Peyto Lake and Bow Lake.
7:00 pm – Check in to the Mt. Royal Hotel in the heart of Banff
Tonight it’s PARTY NIGHT in Banff! For those that want a country atmosphere there is Wild Bills and for those that want to dance the night away there is the ever popular Aurora Night Club! Note that the drinking age in Alberta is 18, not 19 like in BC. To guarantee entrance to the night clubs in Banff, we suggest you bring your passport.
Day Three – Banff to Golden
8:00 am – Depart hotel and enjoy a guided tour of Banff with stops at Surprise Corner and Bow Falls.
9:15 am – After the Banff tour we take a ride up the Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain for those that have chosen this option. Afterwards you have Free Time to explore Banff.
1:30 pm – We say good bye to this cozy mountain village and head to Lake Louise. At Lake Louise you have plenty of time to go for a canoe paddle or hike around the lake on one of the many trails.
After Lake Louise we visit stunning Moraine Lake and the Valley of the Ten Peaks. From there we pass through the Kicking Horse Pass and Yoho National Park en route to Golden.
6:00 pm – Check in to the Sportsman Lodge, Golden. Indoor pool, hot tub and waterslide.
7:00 pm – BBQ around the campfire (included).
7:30 pm – Learn to Line Dance at Camp West Trek!
In the evening we have our End of Tour Party around a campfire as we roast marshmallows in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains.
Day Four – Golden to Vancouver
8:00 am – Breakfast at the hotel (included).
This morning we pass through Glacier National Park, over Rogers Pass and past Mt. Revelstoke National Park.
10:00 am – Rest stop at the historic Last Spike.
At Sicamous we head south in to the heart of the Okanagan Valley. We stop at the Enderby Flea Market for a quick round of Find the Best Toonie Bargain. After Enderby we pass through Vernon and along the shore of several pretty lakes.
1:00 pm – Lunch stop in Kelowna in the Central Okanagan
Our last stop is at the Othello Tunnels just outside of Hope where you have time to walk through the gorge via the old railway tunnels.
7:30 pm – Expected arrival back in to Vancouver
West Treks Rocky Mountain properties are clean, comfortable, and conveniently located. Check out the links below for a closer look:
Super 8, Valemount, BC - http://www.super8.com/hotels/british-columbia/valemount/super-8-valemount/hotel-overview
Mount Royal Hotel, Banff, Alberta – www.mountroyalhotel.com
Sportsman Lodge, Golden, BC – www.sportsmanlodge.ca
Location, Location, Location – Before booking your Rocky Mountain tour, it’s important to check out the hotels for the amenities they offer and where they are located. This is where many budget tour operators save money by booking less expensive hotels in out of the way locations. Your satisfaction is our priority!
Note that on busy holiday weekends we often have to use extra hotels to accommodate everyone.
What to bring:
- Swimming suit for the hot tubs and pools
- Proof of medical insurance
- Government Photo ID (passport) & Student ID
- Good walking shoes or hiking boots
- Night club attire for Banff
- Warm jacket, hat, and gloves. You’ll want these for the Snowcoach Ride.
- We recommend paying at least 10 days before departure to avoid disappointment. This is especially important on Holiday Weekends in the summer.
- The tour is NON-REFUNDABLE within 7 days of departure.
- NO REFUND if you fail to show up at the meeting spot on time.
- A small bus may be used for smaller groups.