The Rocky Mountain Winter Wonderland Tour
Check out our “Honour Gallery” below. Upload your best photos here and they may place in our top 10!
The ROCKY MOUNTAIN WINTER WONDERLAND Tour
This is THE ULTIMATE Rocky Mountain Winter Wonderland Tour
If you haven’t been to the Rockies with West Trek… you haven’t been to the REAL Canada!
See what makes us Western Canada’s leading Budget Tour Operator.
** BANFF has been named the #1 Canadian travel destination by TripAdvisor!
Student (with valid student card) & Youth (19 & under)= $345 “Thank you for the best trip I’ve ever been!” Eliska Sanderova
Take off $10 if paying at our office with cash. “It was an amazing trip, the Rockies are awesome” Gustavo
Adult price (20+) = $390 “The best days in my life! Thanks a lot!!!” Nicoll fro Mexico
“I love everything! The atmosphere was amazing and this trip is really unforgettable! Thank you so much!” Ksenia, Russia
“It was beautiful and I had a great time that never I’ll forget” Marco from Mexico
Our Rocky Mountain WINTER WONDERLAND tour has long been the #1 choice with ESL students and International students visiting Vancouver. This tour provides an affordable way to visit the Rocky Mountains and get a fantastic overview of all that this magical corner of Canada has to offer!
What do most people think of when you say that you are going to visit Canada? Stunning alpine lakes surrounded by towering, snow capped peaks; quaint mountain villages; and incredible scenery are what most people expect.
And this is exactly what we’ll show you on our Rocky Mountain Winter Wonderland tour!
Join us on a 4-day tour to the heart of the Canadian Rockies as we travel through some of the most awe inspiring scenery to be found anywhere in the world!!
Picture beautiful frozen lakes.
Picture soaring mountain peaks that look like they’ve come from an imaginary fantasy-land.
Picture glaciers of solid ice nestled on mountain tops and creeping along valley floors.
Now, put yourself in the picture on our Rocky Mountain Winter Wonderland Tour!
Get your cameras ready and prepare to embark on a journey into a Disney-like fairy tale land of majestic castles, towering peaks, frigid glaciers, and frozen lakes. 4 days of breath taking scenery that will give you memories to last a lifetime.
“Lee, Mojo and Adam ROCKED the mountains – thank you for an awesome trip guys!” – Mads, Denmark
“AAAAAHHHHH, the trip to the Rockies was the BEST ever!!!!!!! thank you soooo much!!!!!!! I guess I’ll be booking the Victoria Trip with you guys as well! West Trek Tours are simply the best!!!!!!!!!!!!” – Lili, Germany
The 3 nights are spent in Golden, Banff, and Golden
There are SO MANY highlights on this tour that we barely know where to start! Here are some of the best:
- LAKE LOUISE. Visit the most famous lake in Canada and try ice skating or cross country skiing (seasonal). Or you can go for a hike around (or across!) the lake. A variety of other outdoor activities such as a horse drawn sleigh ride or dog sledding are also available – just ask your guide for details.
- BANFF. The most famous mountain village in the Canadian Rockies.
- JOHNSTON CANYON. Join us on a stunning “canyon crawl” ice hike as we explore this rugged and picturesque canyon with frozen waterfalls and photo ops galore!
- “Hangover Soak” in the famous BANFF HOT SPRINGS Pool (optional)
4 NATIONAL PARKS. These include Banff, Yoho, Glacier and Mt. Revelstoke National Parks.
- WELCOME to the TOUR PARTY. Join us on our first night as we head to the Rockwater Bar in Golden to dance and party with new friends.
- MIDDLE of the TOUR PARTY. Head out to Banff’s #1 nightclub for a ragin’ good time!
- END of TOUR PARTY. For the brave who dare to join us, we have our final night around a roaring campfire. Marshmallow roasts, songs, a blazing fire, dozens of new friends, ghost stories, and maybe a drink or two. This is soooo Canadian – It just doesn’t get any better!
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN RAVE. It’s a rockin’ way to start or end your tour! Camp songs, ghost stories, a roaring fire, an authentic First Nations tepee, & life sized animal carvings all combine to make this a favourite stop!
- MOUNT ROYAL HOTEL. Part of the 3 rules of tourism – Location, Location, Location. This hotel is right in the centre of Banff within easy walking distance to all the shops, restaurants, and night clubs. (Subject to availability.)
- TWO NIGHTS in GOLDEN! This is the perfect hopping off point for a tour of the Rockies, both going and returning. Part of the 3 rules of tourism – Location, Location, Location!
- INDOOR POOLS, HOT TUBS & WATERSLIDES. 2 of our 3 nights feature these amenities.
“Thanks for amazing trip!! I want to come back in Canada again!! And I wish westtrek tour join again!” – Kimiko, Japan
“Thanks Mojo, Adam and Lee, I had the best weekend with you guys from West Trek! Keep on Rocking the Rockies!!!!!! Cheers and thanks again!” – George, Germany
- The PERFECT MIX of amazing adventures and stunning sightseeing!
- 3 nights hotel accommodation (1 night right in the centre of Banff). Price is based on 4 per room sharing 2 queen beds. Upgrades subject to availability.
- Daily guided sightseeing through some of the most incredible scenery in the world.
- Free entrance to Banff & Golden’s best party places.
- Deluxe coach transportation – as always, getting there can be half the FUN!
- 2 continental breakfasts
- Videos, games and entertainment on the coach
- A FUN & FRIENDLY Canadian Tour Guide
- All tips and taxes
- All park fees
“Thank you for last weekend! I made a lot of memories thanks to you!!” – Chihiro, Japan
“It was best trip in my life:)” – Mohanad, Saudi Arabia
For many of you, this is a once in a lifetime chance to visit the Canadian Rockies. Make the most of it by participating in some incredible optional activities.
- BANFF GONDOLA. Soar to the top of Sulphur Mountain for incredible 360 degree views. The gondola climbs 698 m (2,292 ft) to the 2, 281 m (7,486 ft) summit of Sulphur Mountain. Fantastic views of the town of Banff, Mt. Rundle, the Bow Valley and Cascade Mountain. $35
- Ice Skating on Lake Louise (subject to ice conditions) OR Cross Country Skiing. This will be one of those times that you remember for a lifetime! 2 hour for $12 – book on the bus.
- The World Famous Banff Hot Springs Pool – $7.50
OR, you can opt for the most popular Activity Pass we offer – Get the Banff Gondola, skating or cross country skiing, the Banff Hot Springs Pool PLUS a souvenir toque all for only $50!
- Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride at Lake Louise. The ride is 45 minutes to an hour long and starts in front of the stunning Chateau Lake Louise. $35
- Room Upgrades (base price is 4 per room sharing 2 queen beds)
- 3 per room add $40 per person
- 2 per room or private bed in a room with 3, add $95
- Private room add $275
“I’m soooooo in looooove with Canada!!!!!!!!!!” – Daniela, Brazil
“It was such a great weekend!!! Thank you so much once again… I’ll remember it forever!” – Elli, Germany
Jan. 18 – 21
Jan. 25 – 28
Feb. 8 to 11 * Holiday Long Weekend
Feb. 22 – 25
March 8 – 11
March 29 – April 1 * Easter Tour. First Full Circuit of 2013 (Valemount, Banff, Golden). Shoulder Season pricing. Add $5
April 12 – 15 – Shoulder Season pricing. Add $5
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION – Not all tours are created equal. Make sure you are getting the best value for your money!
We would like to present the facts and let you make an informed decision.
There is a reason that West Trek has, for years, been the #1 choice of ESL and International students going to the Rockies. A lot of it has to do with which hotels we pick and where they’re located. At West Trek we pride ourselves on the location and quality of our hotels. We WANT you to compare with the other budget operators before making a decision!
Our itinerary has been carefully constructed to allow you the MAXIMUM amount of time in the key sightseeing areas. Our hotels have been specially chosen to provide you with all the best comforts and amenities while still providing the benefit of the BEST Locations.
Banff – The focal point of any Rocky Mountain tour. The Mt. Royal is located in the heart of Banff within seconds of shops, restaurants, pubs, and nightclubs. You’re only in Banff one night – make the most of it by staying in the heart of the village with West Trek.
Golden – There are several advantages of overnighting in Golden vs staying in Sicamous.
One – Sicamous is in the Pacific Time Zone. Golden is in the Mountain Time zone, same as Lake Louise and Banff. This means you get to the key attractions earlier on Day 2.
Two – Golden is in a valley beside the Rockies. You see the Rockies as you sit by our campfire and first thing in the morning… Sicamous isn’t in the Rockies. It’s 220 km west of the Rockies. If you are on a Rocky Mountain tour, you should stay in the Rockies.
Three – Rocky Mountain Rave. Our hotel in Golden features the extremely popular Camp where passengers can take photos in an authentic First Nations tepee; roast marshmallows around a campfire, or enjoy the indoor pool, waterslide and hot tub. This is a highlight with many of our guests and an experience not to be missed. No other budget tour operator offers you all of this in Golden!
Four – Our hotel in Golden is rated 3.5 stars and ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Golden by Trip Advisor.
Our bus leaves Golden at 8:00 in the morning. It arrives at Lake Louise and the key sightseeing corridor at 9:05am local time. You have the FULL day in the heart of the Rockies.
A bus leaving Sicamous at 8:00 in the morning will arrive in Lake Louise between 12:45 and 13:00 pm local time allowing for one quick rest stop to break up the long drive.
With West Trek you get close to three and a half hours more sightseeing time! The tour is just too short to waste all that time by staying in Sicamous.
We spend the money on all the LITTLE things that make a BIG difference!
** NOTE – winter driving conditions can make a big difference on timings. Safety is our #1 concern so, when driving through the mountains in winter the rule is – you get there when you get there.
Day One – Vancouver to Golden
7:00 am - Meet at the corner of Seymour St. and Cordova St. opposite the Waterfront Skytrain & Seabus Station.
The fun begins as you leave Vancouver. Your Guide reviews some of the highlights of the tour plus gives you details on all you need to know in order to take full advantage of your time in the Rockies. We have special on board activities to help break the ice and let you get to know your new friends and fellow adventurers.
9:30 am – Rest stop in the Hope area.
12:00 – Lunch break in Kamloops
Pass through Mt. Revelstoke and Glacier National Parks.
7:00 pm – Arrive in Golden.
Welcome to the Tour PARTY at the Rockwater.
Day Two – Golden to Banff
7:00 am – Breakfast at the hotel (included)
7:45 am – Depart Golden
Enjoy a breathtakingly scenic drive through Yoho National Park.
In the morning you have the chance to cross country ski at Lake Louise or try ice skating on the lake.
12:00 pm – Join us on a Canyon Crawl Ice Hike through fabulous Johnston Canyon. Frozen waterfalls will amaze you and, if you’re lucky, you might even spot some ice climbers. Bring warm clothes and good walking shoes or preferably winter boots. High heels are definitely out!
2:00 pm – Arrive in Banff and enjoy a town tour to help you get oriented. Stops include Bow Falls and Surprise Corner for great views of the famous Banff Springs Hotel.
After the tour you have the option to ride the Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain for amazing views of the Rockies.
5:30 pm – Check in to the Mt. Royal Hotel in the heart of Banff
Tonight it’s PARTY NIGHT in Banff! For those that want a country atmosphere there is Wild Bills and for those that want to dance the night away there is the ever popular Aurora Night Club! Note that the drinking age in Alberta is 18, not 19 like in BC.
Day Three – Banff to Golden
9:00 am – Depart hotel and continue our tour of Banff
In the morning we take you up Sulphur Mountain to soak in the world famous Banff Hot Springs (included)
After a relaxing soak, we take you on a guided hike to the Cave & Basin to see where Canada’s National Parks all began. Then we carry on for a walk along the Bow River.
You then have Free time to explore on your own. Some suggestions are:
* Visit the Banff Park Museum or Whyte Museum to discover more about the history and wildlife in the national parks.
* Follow the back roads and trails to the historic and majestic Banff Springs Hotel. The closest thing to a real castle that you can find in Canada! You could spend hours exploring this magnificent building which features great dining, wine bars, shops, sitting rooms with incredible views, and banquet halls complete with their own ghosts!
3:30 pm - Time to say goodbye to the alpine village but hopefully you will be able to return some day. In the meantime, you will have wonderful memories from your West Trek stay in Banff!
Travel back through Kicking Horse Pass and Yoho National Park en route to Golden.
5:15 – Check in to the Sportsman Lodge, Golden. Indoor pool, hot tub and waterslide await.
After dinner we will teach you how to Line Dance before our evening End of Tour Party around a campfire as we roast marshmallows in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains. Afterwards, you can head to the indoor pool with waterslide and hot tub to refresh those weary muscles!
Day Four – Golden to Vancouver
8:30 am – Breakfast at the hotel (included).
This morning we pass through Glacier National Park, over Rogers Pass and past Mt. Revelstoke National Park.
10:00 am – Rest stop in Sicamous.
12:30 – Lunch stop in Kamloops
Rest stop in Hope.
6:00 pm – Expected arrival back in to Vancouver
West Treks Rocky Mountain properties are clean, comfortable, and conveniently located. Check out the links below for a closer look:
Mount Royal Hotel, Banff, Alberta – www.mountroyalhotel.com
Sportsman Lodge, Golden, BC – www.sportsmanlodge.ca
Location, Location, Location – Before booking your Rocky Mountain tour, it’s important to check out the hotels for the amenities they offer and where they are located. This is where many budget tour operators save money by booking less expensive hotels in out of the way locations. Your satisfaction is our priority!
Please note that alcohol is NEVER allowed on the buses.
What to bring:
- Swimming suit for the hot tubs and pools
- Proof of medical insurance
- Government Photo ID (passport) & Student ID
- Good walking shoes or hiking boots
- Night club attire for Banff
- Really warm jacket, hat, and gloves. We suggest that you bring several layers of clothing so that you can adjust to the various mountain temperaturs.
- We recommend paying at least 10 days before departure to avoid disappointment.
- The tour is NON-REFUNDABLE within 7 days of departure.
- NO REFUND if you fail to show up at the meeting spot on time.
- A small bus may be used for smaller groups.