This Rocky Mountain tour allows you to see the best at the lowest price. It features one night in Alberta’s famous cowboy city, Calgary, and a night out line-dancing!
- Adult (ages 19+) from
- Student/Youth (ages 13-18) from
THE BEST THING YOU’LL DO IN CANADA
Are you an adventurous, outdoors traveller? Do you want to experience the trails of Western Canada by day and the best bars and restaurants by night? Well, this trip is perfectly tailored to you!
On this adventure, we will be stopping at some of the most famous sites of Western Canada, and you will have the option to partake in numerous hikes at these locations. One location will be the various hikes in the Lake Louise area, including the famous Lake Agnes hike to the quaint European-style tea house. If you are not up for a hike, there is also the option to take the chairlift at Lake Louise Ski Resort for lunch. There is also a fantastic hike in Banff where you will be able to hike up Sulphur Mountain at sunset and catch the Gondola down. This is a must-do hike for the adventurous.
You will also have a free night to experience the Town of Banff, one of the most famous mountain towns in Canada. Framed by mountains, the photo opportunities in Banff are endless.
In addition to the hiking and nature sightseeing, you have the option to go walk on a glacier! The Columbia Icefields Ice Explorer will drive you up onto the glacier. Here you will genuinely realize just how fragile our planet is.
We have created this tour specifically for you, the adventurer, the explorer.
Please note: This itinerary is sometimes in reverse order on Friday departures and will also be reverse order on Saturday departures (Golden – Banff – Valemount) but the hotels, sightseeing highlights and inclusions are the same. It is also subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
Day 1: Vancouver to Valemount
- Depart Vancouver from Canada Place at 7:15 am
- Stop at Othello Tunnels, famous for its austere film history
- Enjoy incredible sights travelling through the Fraser Valley
- Travel the scenic Coquihalla Highway
- Lunch stop in the Okanagan Valley
- Visit the beautiful Spahats Falls
- Check-in to your hotel in Valemount
- Free time for dinner
- Hockey in the Rockies or go for a nature walk by the river
Day 2: Valemount to Banff
- Breakfast included at your hotel
- Visit Mt. Robson, the highest mountain in the Canadian Rockies
- Visit the town of Jasper
- Stop at the glacial turquoise Athabasca Falls
- Head along the Icefields Parkway
- You will stop at the Columbia Icefields with ab option to take the Ice Explorer onto the glacier (additional cost) or to a hike on Wilcox trail
- Head to Bow Lake and partake in the Polar Bear Swim (seasonal)
- Check into your hotel in Banff
- Optional Sunset Gondola Hike (approximately 2-hour hike up and you can take the Gondola down). Enjoy amazing views of the Rockies from the top of Sulphur Mountain Gondola
- Option to join your guide for a party at a local bar
Day 3: Banff to Golden, BC
- Bagged breakfast to go
- Banff city driving tour including Bow Falls and Banff Avenue before leaving for the glacial lakes
- Arrive at Lake Louise at approximately 11:00 am. Option to spend 4 hours here with plenty of time to hike and have lunch
- If you don’t want to spend 4 hours at Lake Louise you have the option to go to Lake Louise Mountain Resort from 1:00 – 3:00 pm and take the sightseeing chairlift with a buffet lunch (additional cost)
- Visit Moraine Lake
- Check into your hotel in Golden in the evening
- Enjoy a Canadian BBQ dinner (hamburgers, hot dogs, salads)
- Enjoy a campfire, make s’mores and join the END of tour party with your guide.
Day 4: Golden to Vancouver
- Breakfast included at your hotel
- Head over to the Cedar Trails Boardwalk for a final hike on the trip
- Go through the Rogers Pass and the Last Spike on the Transcontinental railway
- Scenic drive along the shore of Shuswap Lake and the Coquihalla Valley
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 7:30 pm
- Three nights hotel accommodation including one night in downtown Banff!
- Three breakfasts and one dinner
- Tons of amazing sightseeing
- Free entrance to the pub in Banff
- Discount on optional activities
- Traditional Canadian campfire: roast marshmallows and learn how to make s’mores!
- Upmarket full-size highway coach transportation with onboard entertainment
- Experienced, friendly and fun tour guide
- All taxes and park fees
- Due to coach luggage space restrictions, West Trek allows one (1) suitcase and one (1) small backpack per person.
- All prices quoted include tax, but exclude booking fees which will be added at checkout.