The Explorer Plus is our Ultimate Rocky Mountain Tour. It is the perfect mix of beautiful sightseeing, and awesome activities. Specifically, this tour includes visits to Emerald Lake, Lake Louise, Moraine Lake, Peyto Lake, plus a night at the famous Mountain View Cabins. These cabins are EXCLUSIVE to West Trek and are a highlight for our groups! This tour also features a premium hotel right in the beautiful mountain village of Banff, 6 meals PLUS our ever popular Hockey in the Rockies. And to make the tour even better – it INCLUDES the Lake Louise Gondola plus the All-You-Can-Eat buffet lunch! Come join us for the trip of a lifetime!
Book online now!
Day 1 – Travel from Vancouver to Valemount
7:00 am – Meet at the corner of West Cordova St & Seymour St opposite Waterfront Station
Hope – where the original Rambo First Blood movie was filmed
Scenic Coquihalla Highway made famous for it’s winter conditions in “Highway Through Hell”
Kamloops lunch stop
Check in to our hotel in Valemount
Group dinner (included)
Hockey in the Rockies
Meet new friends around the campfire
Day 2 – Valemount to Banff
8:00 am Breakfast (included)
Mt. Robson – the highest mountain in the Canadian Rockies
Jasper – Banff’s scenic little sister
The Icefields Parkway – named one of the most beautiful drives in the world!
Thundering Athabasca Falls
Columbia Icefields – we strongly recommend that you join the Glacier Snowcoach tour (optional extra) – a highlight for many of our guests. Travel onto the Athabasca Glacier for a great photo opportunity (remember your water bottle to taste some of the freshest water in the world!).
Stunning Peyto Lake (seasonal)
Bow Lake and the chance to brave the frigid waters with a Polar Wolf Swim!
Check in to our hotel in Banff
Night out in Banff with drink specials!
Day 3 – Banff to Golden
Lake Minnewanka and Two Jack Lake
World famous Lake Louise
Awesome Moraine Lake (seasonal)
Lake Louise Gondola and all-you-can-eat buffet lunch – INCLUDED
Kicking Horse Pass
Emerald Lake – one of the most beautiful places to go canoeing (optional)
Mountain View Cabins – another highlight of the tour! The ultimate Canadian experience, spending the night in rustic mountain cabins, having an all-you-can-eat barbecue dinner (included), and roasting s’mores (marshmallows) over the campfire! Look towards the sky on a clear night to see millions of stars!
Day 4 – Golden to Vancouver
All you can eat breakfast (included)
The Last Spike on the trans-continental railway
Scenic drive along the shore of Shuswap Lake and through the Coquihalla Valley
We plan to arrive back in Vancouver at approximately 6:30 pm, where your unforgettable journey to the Canadian Rocky Mountains will come to an end
*Please note that depending on the tour date, this itinerary may be done in reverse.
*Times are estimated to the best of our ability and are subject to change.
- Lake Louise
- Moraine Lake (seasonal)
- Columbia Icefields
- Peyto Lake (seasonal)
- Mount Robson
- Athabasca Falls
- Pub in Banff
- Hockey in the Rocky Mountains
- Mountain View Cabins – an Explorer exclusive!
- Campfire with marshmallows
- Lake Minnewanka
- Two Jack Lake
- Emerald Lake Canoeing (optional)
- One night in the beautiful mountain town of Banff
- Icefields Snocoach (optional)*
- Lake Louise Gondola with buffet lunch(included)
- FREE souvenir video of your tour
- Lake Louise Gondola Ride
- ALL YOU CAN EAT Buffet Lunch at Lake Louise gondola base
- All tips and taxes
- Deluxe coach transportation
- Three nights hotel accommodation (one night in a hotel in Banff and one night at Mountain View Cabins)
- Three breakfasts, one lunch and two dinners
- Pub entrance and drink specials
- End of tour party
- A fantastic tour guide
- Discounts on optional activities
- Tons of amazing sightseeing
- Meals (other than those mentioned above)
- Medical and travel insurance
- Any other expenses
- Optional Activities (See “Prices and Dates” for details)
What to Bring:
- All weather clothing
- Swimming suit & towel
- ID / Passport / Student ID
- Proof of medical insurance
- Good walking shoes
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo etc)
- A water bottle with a lid
- Your camera!
Student rate SUMMER (June 1st to Sept. 18th) – $545 – NOTE student card required at departure for student rates booked online.
Adult rate SUMMER (June 1st to Sept. 18th) – $565
- NOTE – participants must be 15 or older unless accompanied by an adult / parent / chaperone. Due to the nature of the tour, we can not take children under 5.
Room Upgrade Costs
All prices are based upon four people sharing one room and two queen sized beds.
- Double room upgrade (2 people in a room with 2 queen beds) – $225
- Triple room upgrade (3 people in a room with 2 queen beds)– $85
- No solo room upgrades available
NEW! West Trek’s 20th Birthday Family Pricing – Fill a QUAD room with 4 people and everyone pays student rates!
* Add $20 on summer holiday long weekends.
- May 18
- June 28*
- July 13, 14, 21, 27
- August 11, 18
- September 28
- October 4*, 6*, 18
PLEASE NOTE – this activity MUST be booked 72 hours prior to your departure. It will NOT be available on the bus.
Snocoach Glacier Experience – $80. SAVE $25 over the ticket window price!
One of the most unique attractions in the Rocky Mountains, you will be taken in an Ice Explorer designed for glacial travel, onto the surface of the Athabasca Glacier. The tour is approximately 1.5 hours, where you will learn about glaciers, icefields, and their impact on our environment. Halfway through the tour, you will be able to step out onto the glacier. This experience is open April to mid-October.