TOFINO RAINFOREST RETREAT
Join a group of adventurous travellers on an unforgettable 3-day guided tour from Vancouver to Ucluelet and Tofino! Journey through breathtaking landscapes, visit charming towns like Parksville on the way, and relax at your oceanfront resort. Tofino, located in the West Coast of Vancouver Island, is renowned for being a top surfing destination, as well as for its abundant rainforests. Enjoy exciting optional activities such as bear and whale watching, kayaking, and surfing, all while surrounded by the beauty of nature.
Dive into the local culture with plenty of free time to explore Tofino and Ucluelet, and end each day with a bonfire and marshmallow roast (weather dependent). This tour promises a complete and thrilling West Coast experience in Canada!
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and it is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances, such as weather or road closures.
Vancouver to Ucluelet
- Arrive at Canada Place in downtown Vancouver and meet your tour guide
- Let the adventure begin! Depart for the ferry terminal and cross to Nanaimo in Vancouver Island aboard BC Ferries
- Visit Coombs Market for lunch at leisure and try to spot the goats that live on the roof!
- Stop at Little Qualicum Falls and enjoy a short nature walk
- Make another stop at the famous Long Beach (time permitting)
- Check into your waterfront lodge in Ucluelet and have free time for dinner. Your guide will give you several good recommendations
- Option to join your guide for a campfire and marshmallow roast at the beach near your hotel (weather permitting)
Ucluelet & Tofino
- Free time for breakfast at leisure
- Travel to the town of Tofino this morning
- Have free time to take part in an optional activity, such as bear or whale watching, kayaking or surfing (additional cost)
- Free time for lunch and to explore the town
- Later this afternoon you can take part in another activity (time permitting), or join your guide for an easy rainforest walk to Tonquin Beach
- Visit another of Tofino’s stunning beaches on your way back to your accommodation
- Free time for dinner near your hotel
- Enjoy another campfire and s’mores on the beach (weather permitting)
Ucluelet to Vancouver
- Free time for breakfast (at own cost)
- Do an easy hike along the naturally beutiful Wild Pacific Trail in Ucluelet
- Depart for Nanaimo with a lunch stop along the way
- Take the return ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 7:30pm
How many people will share a room on this tour?
We offer several room confirgurations with different price ranges, allowing flexibility in choosing the most suitable arrangement based on individual preferences and budget. This arrangement allows for a budget-friendly and social experience.
The most affordable option for this tour is quint occupancy, with 5 individuals of the same sex sharing a room. Other options include double (2 people), and single occupancy (1 person). You can also book a private room with your group of up to 5 people, regardless of sex.
Please note that in quint occupancy bookings you may need to share a Queen-size bed with another person of the same sex.
Are the optional activities suitable for beginners?
Yes, all of the optional activities we offer are suitable for beginners, such as the surf lesson and the kayaking tour, and are designed for the enjoyment of the entire group, including intermediate level participants as well.
Whether you’re new to surfing, kayaking, or hiking, the guides and instructors will ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all skill levels, as well as on the whale watching and bear watching tours.
How much free time do we have to explore Tofino and Ucluelet?
You’ll have ample free time for meals and exploration in both Tofino and Ucluelet. While specific durations may vary, your guide will provide instructions at every stop and recommendations for local dining, and you can explore the charming towns at your own pace to shop, dine, or simply take in the nature bath on a relaxing walk.
What is the weather like in Tofino in spring?
In spring, Tofino experiences mild temperatures with highs around 11-14°C (52-57°F) and lows of 5-8°C (41-46°F). While it can be rainy, it’s a fantastic time to witness the vibrant spring colours and enjoy the beauty of the West Coast, as well as wildlife emerging from hibernation! It’s advisable to bring layers and waterproof gear to stay comfortable during outdoor activities.
- Embark on a scenic journey from Vancouver to the West Coast of Vancouver Island, including a roundtrip ferry ride
- Relax and unwind in cozy, oceanfront accommodations for a perfect waterside retreat
- Choose from exciting optional activities to add on to your adventure, such as bear and whale watching
- Visit the quirky Coombs Market, where you might capture photos of goats living on the market’s roof
- Immerse yourself in the lush rainforest on short hikes, connecting with the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest
- Get extra discounts on optional activities when you book in advance
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, layered clothing
- Waterproof jacket
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Swimsuit for hotel’s amenities
- Small backpack and water bottle
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Extra funds for meals