ROCKIES NEW YEAR’S EVE EXPLORER
Celebrate New Year’s Eve in the Rocky Mountains‘ winter wonderland! Explore the best of the Rockies with an overnight stay in three of the most famous ski resort towns – Vernon, Banff & Golden. Take part in various activities while admiring the stunning scenery. Our tour is perfect for those who love to adventure in the snow and those who simply love to sightsee. Don’t miss the New Year’s Eve Special Edition of our Rockies Winter Explorer tour for an unforgettable way to welcome 2024!
Don’t forget to check out the available optional activities to add on to your itinerary and make the most out of your trip! We offer special discounted rates.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and it is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances, such as weather or road closures.
Vancouver to Vernon
- Depart downtown Vancouver from Canada Place (please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled departure)
- Get ready for a fun-filled adventure! Your friendly and experienced tour guide will introduce you to the other passengers with some games and activities
- As you travel from the city to the mountains, you’ll hear interesting facts about Vancouver that will make your journey more enjoyable
- Upon arriving in Vernon, you’ll check in to the hotel before heading to SilverStar Mountain Resort for a free snow tubing session in the afternoon
- After a fun day outside, you can choose to unwind in the hotel’s pool and hot tub, or visit the nearby casino and pub (19+ only)
Vernon to Banff
- Start your day with breakfast at the hotel
- Take a scenic drive through the snow-capped peaks of Mount Revelstoke National Park and Glacier National Park
- Explore the Roger’s Pass National Historic Site
- Discover the world-renowned Lake Louise and enjoy ice-skating or ice hockey on the frozen lake (seasonal)
- Take a tour of Banff, visiting popular landmarks such as the Banff Springs Hotel, Bow Falls, and Banff Avenue
- Check in to your conveniently located hotel in Banff
- Enjoy a festive dinner to warm up for the New year’s Eve celebration (included)!
- After dinner, have free time to explore Banff Avenue, jor oin your guide for an unforgettable night of partying
Banff to Golden
- Enjoy breakfast, included in your tour
- Today you have the option to participate in various winter activities during the day, such as ice walking, skiing or snowboarding at Lake Louise Mountain Resort*, or taking the Banff Gondola to see the stunning views of the mountains.
*Please note that transportation to Lake Louise is not included, but you can take a free mountain shuttle
- If you’re not participating in any optional activity, check out of the hotel and spend your free time exploring the shops & restaurants in Banff
- In the afternoon, depart from Banff and head to Golden
- Stop at Emerald Lake (weather and time dependent)
- Check in to your hotel in Golden and enjoy some free time to have dinner, or have fun in the pool, hot tub and waterslide at the hotel
- Join your guide for a campfire and marshmallow roast to learn how to make s’mores (optional)
Golden to Vancouver
- Begin your day with breakfast in Golden
- Stop at Craigellachie, home of the Last Spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway, and discover its significance in Canadian history
- Arrive back in Vancouver at around 7:30pm
What will the New Year's Eve celebration consist on?
Ring in the New Year with a memorable celebration that starts with a festive dinner included in your package, featuring delicious food in a joyful environment with your tour group.
After dinner, you will enjoy free time, and the option to explore the lively nightlife in Banff on your own or with your guide. Whether you prefer cozy pubs, bustling clubs, or simply strolling through the charming streets, Banff offers a variety of options to make your New Year’s Eve extra special!
Am I going to see the lakes frozen?
In December, the Rockies have fully transformed into a winter wonderland with frozen lakes and snow-capped mountains, creating spectacular views. The serene, frozen lakes offer the chance to experience ice skating on the famed Lake Louise (seasonal), or even witness a Canadian ice hockey game on it!
How cold does it get in the Rockies for New Year's Eve?
The Holiday season in the Rockies tends to be very cold, so it’s essential to wear appropriate clothing to be prepared. Temperatures range from -6 to 4 °C (20-40 °F), and they can drop even lower when the sun sets, so it’s advisable to dress warmly and in layers. With the right clothing, you can comfortably enjoy the festive atmosphere and outdoor activities. Checking the weather forecast closer to your travel date will help you pack appropriately for the conditions.
Can I ski or snowboard on this tour?
Absolutely! If you’re an enthusiast of winter sports, you have the exciting option to ski or snowboard at Lake Louise Mountain Resort during your day in Banff for a reduced additional cost. Be sure to inquire about available packages, lessons, and equipment rental options to make the most of your experience in the Rockies. You can book your ski/snowboard package with your guide, or in advance to save even more on our discounted rates.
Please see section “Optional Add Ons” below for more details.
- Enjoy night stays in 3 famous ski towns with breakfast included: Vernon, Banff & Golden
- Have fun with your guide & tour group on an unforgettable trip to the Canadian Rockies
- Try snow tubing at SilverStar Mountain Resort for free!
- Experience authentically Canadian activities, like making s’mores in a campfire
- Welcome the new year with a festive dinner (included), and party the night away in Banff!
- Get discounts on additional activities if you book in advance
What to Bring:
- A warm, windproof winter coat
- Waterproof and thermal layers are highly recommended
- Hat and gloves
- Warm, sturdy shoes, preferrably snow boots
- Swimsuit for heated pools and hot tubs
- Towel (optional)
- 2 pieces of ID (drinking age in British Columbia is 19, and 18 in Banff, Alberta)
- Festive Spirit!