Winter Rockies Explorer Tour
Winter Rockies Explorer Tour
On this tour you’ll travel over 2,000 kilometres, leaving the Province of British Columbia to Alberta, and even cross a time-zone! You will spend 1 night and day in Banff, the most famous town in the Rockies, enjoy sledding/tobogganing at Two Jack Lake and Lake Minnewanka!
Credit: Banff & Lake Louise
This itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen (weather) conditions. Departure times may vary by date, please see your confirmation email for exact departure times.
- 07:15 am – Depart Vancouver from Canada Place (please arrive by 7:00 am)
- The fun begins! Your friendly Tour Guide will start off the tour with introductions and games so you can meet the other passengers. Hear interesting facts about Vancouver as you make your way out of the city and into the mountains!
- Hope – where the original Rambo First Blood movie was filmed
- Scenic Coquihalla Highway made famous for its winter conditions
- Lunch stop in Kamloops, our province’s desert!
- Check-in at the Travelodge in Golden
- Free time to grab dinner and to enjoy the hotel’s pool and hot tub
- Breakfast at your hotel (included)
- Explore Emerald Lake – Challenge yourself to a Polar Roll and get points towards becoming a true Canadian!
- Visit world famous Lake Louise. Optional ice skating (seasonal)
- Go tobogganing at Two Jack Lake and Lake Minnewanka
- Continue your drive to Banff. Once in Banff, enjoy a driving tour of one of the most visited towns in Canada
- Check into your hotel in Banff
- Free time to go shopping on Banff Avenue and try one of the many restaurants
- Grab breakfast to-go (included)
- Option to take the Sulphur Mountain Gondola (additional cost)
- Option to participate in an exciting winter activity like snowshoeing, ice walking or skiing/snowboarding at Lake Louise Ski Resort (Please note we only recommend the skiing/snowboarding option for experienced skiers/snowboarders as the tour guide will not be with you, you will get to the ski hill via the complimentary mountain shuttle)
- If you are not participating in an activity, sleep in and enjoy free time to explore the town
- Depart Banff in the afternoon for Golden
- Check into your Golden hotel and enjoy the indoor pool with waterslide and hot tub
- Enjoy an end-of-tour Canadian Bonfire party and learn to roast “s’mores”!
- Depart Golden
- Stop at Craigellachie (the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway)
- Stop at the Aberdeen Shopping mall for lunch
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 7:30pm
ENHANCE YOUR TRIP WITH ADD-ON ACTIVITIES AND UPGRADES
Your tour includes all the essentials but you can add extra wow-factor to your tour by adding on the activities and accommodation upgrades that suit you best.
Optional activities you can add to this trip at the time of booking:
What to Bring
- Swimsuit for heated pools and hot tubs
- WARM clothes including gloves, toque, ski pants and warm jacket – temperatures can actually drop below -15 degrees!
- Passport and second piece of ID
- Good/comfortable & warm walking shoes
- A medical insurance card is not mandatory but recommended. If you require insurance, you can purchase this through us. Please call our office at 604-689-8128 for more information on this.
3 continental breakfasts are included in the price of the tour. For other meals, your tour guide will suggest a variety of different dining options that will suit all budgets and meal preferences.
Price is based on quad occupancy in peak season
All taxes are included