The Northern Lights, Aurora Borealis, Arsaniit; known by many names, but the result is the same: a life-changing experience. They are one of the seven natural wonders of the world, and some of the best viewings can be seen from the Yukon, in Canada
This is a basic independent package that includes roundtrip airfare with Air North and hotel accommodations in downtown Whitehorse to explore on your own. Discover Canada Tours can organize your Northern Lights viewings, dog sledding, ice fishing and more for an additional fee.
Contact us for more information on this experience, as well as checking availability.
**We recommend booking add on activities in advance to secure availabilities. Please note that the Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and cannot be timed or guaranteed.
This is a sample itinerary
Departure airport to Whitehorse
- Flight to Whitehorse (if flying from Vancouver, it is 2.5 hour flight). Upon arrival, make your own way to your hotel and check in at around 4 pm.
- The rest of the day is yours to explore this city. The Main Street features restaurants, coffee shops, pubs and stores for souvenir shopping
- We recommend booking a Northern Lights viewing tour this evening, with pick up from your hotel available. Contact us to add it to your itinerary
- Free day to explore the city of Whitehorse – ask us about optional activities to add on to your itinerary for an enhanced experience
- Some of the optional activities available are dog sledding, ice fishing, snowshoeing or visiting the Yukon Wildlife Preserve
Whitehorse to arrival airport
- Last day in Whitehorse to enjoy a half day activity or a relaxing morning
- Check out of your accommodation and make your way to the Whitehorse Airport to flight back to your airport of destination
Contact us to book for 2024!
SOLD OUT for the season
- Memorable adventure
- World’s best locations to view the Northern Lights
- An opportunity to experience authentically Canadian winter sports like dog sledding or snowshoeing