PORTLAND NBA EXPERIENCE
Join this tour for the perfect opportunity to experience one of the most exciting sports in the world. The NBA is widely popular for many reasons: the atmosphere, the superstars, the sport, and the culture around it. Cross this experience from your bucket list while you visit the unique city of Portland, Oregon, known for being fun, laid back and “weird”, as locals call it. Enjoy the road from Vancouver across the border to the USA, have a blast watching the Trail Blazers, and come back with unforgettable memories and some tax free shopping!
On December 16th, the Portland Trail Blazers play agains the Dallas Mavericks, giving the opportunity to witness amazing stars live, such as Luka Dončić and Kyrie Irving.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This tour travels across the border to the United States of America. Please make sure you have all the necessary documentation to enter the United States prior to booking this experience. Requirements vary by country, so we recommend checking with your embassy to see what is required for your country of origin. Discover Canada Tours/West Trek cannot help with the processing of travel visas. Additional form requirements will be emailed to you after you complete your booking. Please contact us for further information.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and it is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances, such as weather or road closures.
Vancouver to Portland
- Depart Vancouver from Canada Place, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure
- The adventure begins! Travel to the USA border to cross by coach bus. Please make sure you have all the necessary documentation to enter the United States. Each country’s requirements are different, and it is recommended to check with your embassy to see what is required for your country of origin.
- After entering the United States, stop for breakfast and continue the roadtrip through the Pacific Northwest
- Stop for lunch in Seattle or Des Moines (time dependent)
- Continue to Portland and check in to your hotel downtown upon arrival
- Get ready and meet your guide again to go with your group to the NBA game! Admission is included to watch the Portland Trail Blazers at the Moda Center Stadium, as well as early access and a pre-game Fan Experience. Watch the players warm up from floor level and enjoy performances and highlights before, during and after the game
- Free time for the rest of the night to have dinner and enjoy the hotel amenities
*Photo courtesy of Another Believer via Wikimedia Commons
Portland to Vancouver
- Enjoy breakfast included at your hotel
- Free time to explore Portland or option to join a walking tour in downtown with your guide
- Stop to go shopping to the official Adidas Employee Store, and enjoy 50% off plus free tax shopping for our group
- Depart Portland and stop for lunch in Olympia, capital city of Washington State, on the way back to Vancouver
- Cross the border to re-enter Canada and get back to Canada Place at around 7:00pm
Do I need additional documentation to visit Portland in the USA?
Yes. This tour takes you across an international border to the United States of America, so you’ll likely need additional documentation to join the trip.
Don’t forget to bring your passport; you will need to enter your passport information when booking this tour, and have it with you during the trip. Additionally, you must have documentation to prove you are allowed to enter the United States.
Requirements for entering the USA vary by country. For tourism, you may require a Visitor Visa (B-2), unless you qualify for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Most citizens of participating countries can travel with just an ESTA Approval under the VWP. Check if you meet the requirements here.
Additionally, you must complete an I-94 Form online within 7 days of your tour departure. The link and all necessary instructions will be provided to you in the confirmation email after booking,
Lastly, if you have one, bring your valid Canadian visa or study permit for re-entering Canada.
What does the NBA game and pre-game experience consist on?
The NBA game and pre-game experience included on this tour offers fans an unforgettable time. Before the match, you can enjoy an exclusive fan experience where you get to watch players warm up from up close at floor level. It’s a golden opportunity for photos, and maybe even an autograph!
During the game, there are themed performances and highlights for extra entertainment, as well as a special greeting for our group displayed on the big screen at halftime show!
Is it cold in Portland in the winter?
Yes, it can be cold in Portland during the winter months. The city experiences a cool, cloudy, and often rainy climate in the winter, with temperatures typically ranging from 1-8 degrees Celsius (30 to 40 Fahrenheit).
While it doesn’t usually see extreme cold or heavy snowfall compared to some other regions, it is still important to dress warmly and be prepared for rain.
- Watch a live NBA game of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Moda Center
- Experience an exclusive pre-game Fan Experience, and see a welcome message for the group during halftime show
- Shop at the amazing Adidas Employee Store with 50% off for our group and tax-free purchases
- Stop in Seattle and Olympia in Washington State on the way to and from Vancouver
- Stay overnight in a hotel located in downtown Portland
What to Bring:
- Passport & visa documents
- I-94 form: You will receive an online form and instructions in your confirmation email after booking
- Warm clothes and/or layers
- Waterproof jacket
- Comfortable shoes to walk around the city
- 2 pieces of ID (drinking age in Portland is 21+)
- US dollars in cash (optional)