Victoria, the capital of BC situated on Vancouver Island, is considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and a great destination to visit any time of the year. This day-long journey invites you to discover the city renowned for its picturesque landscapes and rich heritage. Perfect for domestic and international visitors that want to explore more outside of Vancouver, this adventure is filled with iconic sights and optional activities to suit every traveller’s taste. Whether you’re captivated by historic landmarks or crave the thrill of whale watching, Victoria has something for everyone! Join West Trek as we set off from Vancouver on a ferry ride for a day packed with exploration, excitement, and unforgettable memories in Vancouver Island.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and it is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances, such as weather or road closures.
Vancouver to Victoria (Roundtrip)
- Meet your guide at Canada Place no less than 15 minutes your scheduled departure time
- Kick off your adventure with a scenic ferry ride to Vancouver Island. Relax and soak in the breathtaking views as we cruise through the Gulf Islands
- Wind along the coastal route on the way to Victoria, passing through charming communities like James Bay.
- Stops at Beacon Hill Park and Mile 0, the iconic starting point of the Trans Canada Highway
- Get to know the heart of Victoria with a short guided sightseeing tour through the Inner Harbour, Government Street, the vibrant Chinatown, and iconic landmarks like the Empress Hotel and the Parliament Building
- Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure to explore BC’s capital on your own. We can help you book optional activities at special rates, such as a visit to the Royal BC Museum or the world-renowned Butchart Gardens, or a whale watching tour (April – September)
- Unwind as we journey back to Vancouver aboard BC Ferries, arriving at approximately 9:30pm
Beacon Hill Park and Mile 0
Immerse yourself in peaceful greenery at Beacon Hill Park, perfect for a stroll and a quick photo stop. Then continue on to Mile 0, which marks the beginning of the Trans Canada Highway. This offers a symbolic start to your Victoria adventure and a chance to stand at the crossroads of Canadian history. Take in panoramic views of the coastline and feel the excitement of British Columbia’s stunning landscapes.
Sightseeing tour of Victoria
Free time in downtown Victoria
Victoria to Vancouver
What is the weather like in Victoria?
Victoria enjoys a temperate coastal climate, characterized by mild, wet winters and warm, dry summers. In the summer months, temperatures typically range from 15°C to 25°C (59°F to 77°F) with low chances of rain, making it an ideal time for outdoor activities.
During winter, temperatures usually range from 5°C to 10°C (41°F to 50°F) with light rain being common. It’s always wise to come prepared for possible rain showers, especially in the shoulder seasons (spring and fall), when the weather can be more unpredictable.
Overall, Victoria’s climate offers pleasant conditions for year-round tourism, with each season showcasing its own unique charm.
Where can I eat on this tour?
You’ll find an array of restaurants, cafes, and eateries for diverse tastes and budgets in downtown Victoria. Government Street, known for its bustling atmosphere, offers plenty of options for grabbing a quick bite or a tasty meal. Chinatown counts with many authentic Chinese restaurants. For those looking to enjoy a picnic on a nice day, Beacon Hill Park is the perfect backdrop to enjoy a packed lunch. Our guides will be happy to recommend dining spots based on your preferences, ensuring you have a great experience during your visit to Victoria.
Is one day enough time to explore Victoria?
Victoria is fairly small in size, but holds a very rich heritage and many hidden gems. A day trip offers a glimpse into the highlights of the city, while more time will allow you to explore more of what the city has to offer.
This day tour itinerary ensures that you’ll experience key attractions, iconic landmarks, and even additional activities, providing a comprehensive overview of Victoria’s charm in a limited time. This is ideal for those that have a free day in Vancouver in between explorations.
Youth (13-18) / Student
- Cruise through the scenic Southern Gulf Islands on a roundtrip ferry ride to Vancouver Island
- Explore Victoria’s historic landmarks, such as Mile 0, the iconic Empress Hotel and the legislative buildings
- Enjoy free time to explore the beautiful capital of BC at leisure, including Chinatown, the waterfront, or the local museums
- Add on optional activities at special rates like The Butchart Gardens or whale watching (seasonal)
What to Bring:
- Sweater or jacket for the sea breeze aboard the ferries
- Rain coat in case of drizzle/rain (recommended)
- Warm clothes and layers if you’re travelling during the colder months (October-April)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunscreen & sunglasses
- Reusable water bottle
- 2 pieces of ID
- Camera (recommended)