SEATTLE WINTER SIGHTSEEING & SHOPPING
Experience the best of Seattle with plenty of time for both sightseeing and shopping, as well as an opportunity to immerse yourself in the night life of the city that prides itself on its musical identity and history. Our tour starts with with a stop at the Premium Outlets, with a collection of over 130 designer brands at great prices. Upon arriving to Seattle, you will stay in a centrally located hotel for 1 night and have the weekend to join your guide in a walking tour and/or explore on your own. Sightseeing stops include Pike Place Market, The Gum Wall, Miner’s Landing Pier and, of course, a coffee break at the world’s very first Starbucks! If you wish to do so, you will also have time to visit the Space Needle, the Sky View Observatory, the MoPOP or the Chihuly Garden & Glass at your own pace.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This tour travels across the border to the United States of America. Please make sure you have all the proper documentation necessary to enter the United States prior to booking this tour. Each country’s requirements are different, so we recommend checking with your embassy to see what is required for your country of citizenship. Discover Canada Tours/West Trek cannot help with the processing of travel visas. Please contact us for further information.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances, such as weather or road closures.
Vancouver to Seattle
- Depart Vancouver from Canada Place at 7:00am (please arrive by 6:45am)
- Make our way to the Canada – USA border to cross. Please make sure you have all the proper documentation necessary to enter the United States. Each country’s requirements are different so we recommend checking with your embassy to see what is required for your country of citizenship.
- On the way to Seattle, stop at the Premium Outlets and shop for great bargains. You will receive a VIP e-discount for extra deals!
- Arrive in Seattle and check in to your downtown hotel. Enjoy free time in the city
- Have the option to go out in the evening and enjoy Seattle’s nightlife (drinking age is 21+)
Seattle to Vancouver
- Enjoy a continental breakfast included at your hotel
- Explore Seattle with an optional guided city tour that includes Pike Place Market, the Piers, the Gum Wall and the world’s first ever Starbucks
- Have free time to do more sightseeing, shop around or visit iconic attractions, such as the Space Needle, Underground Tour, Chihuly Gardens & Glass Museum, Sky View Observatory or the Museum of Pop Culture
- Return to Vancouver at approximately 9:00pm
What documentation do I need to visit the United States?
This tour travels across an international border to the United States of America, so you will likely need additional documentation to join this trip.
You must bring your passport with you. You will be asked to enter your passport information at the time of booking, please bring the same one on tour. Additionally, you will need documentation to prove you are allowed to visit the United States.
The requirements to enter the USA are different for every country. You may travel to the United States for tourism with a Visitor Visa (B-2), unless qualifying for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Most citizens of participating countries can travel with only an ESTA Approval under the VWP. Check out if you meet the requirements here.
Lastly, if you have one, bring your valid Canadian visa or study permit to be able to re-enter Canada.
Do we visit the Space Needle?
While we don’t include a specific attraction in the itinerary, this tour allows plenty of time for guests to explore the best of Seattle on their own. Since there are many iconic attractions to visit in the Emerald City, we have included an overnight stay in a hotel downtown for you to be able to discover the attraction of your choice at your own pace, wether that’s the Space Needle, the Sky View Observatory, the Museum of Pop Culture, the Chihuly Gardens & Glass Museum, or a visit to the many shops and activities that the city offers.
How much free time do we get?
Our sample itinerary gives guests the chance to spend almost the entire weekend at leisure in Seattle. At the first stop in the Premium Outlets on the way to downtown, you can enjoy a few hours of shopping and dining at your own pace. Then, once checked into your hotel, you can have the evening at leisure to explore the night life of the Emerald City. Lastly, on Sunday, you will have a free day to join an optional walking tour or discover the city and its attractions on your own, before meeting with the rest of the group to return back to Vancouver.
What is the weather like in Seattle?
Seattle, like Vancouver, belongs to the Pacific Northwest region, which means the weather is very similar to what Vancouverites are used to. It has a temperate climate without extreme cold in the winter or too high temperatures in the summer, with a high chance of light rain throughout the year. We recommend packing warm, winter clothes during the months of winter (December-February), and a waterproof jacket and layers for the rest of the year.
During the summer months (June-August), when Seattle is likely to be hotter and have clear skies, you can join our Seattle Summer Sightseeing & Baseball tour, which includes admission to an MLB game!
- Take in the stunning views of the Cascade and Olympic Mountains, the Pacific Ocean, and the evergreen trees throughout the Emerald City
- Shop at the Seattle Premium Outlets with an upscale collection of outlet stores from over 130 designer names
- Experience the highlights of Seattle on a guided tour including the world-famous Pike Place Market, the first Starbucks, and more!
- Explore Seattle’s coffee scene, coastal food culture, and vibrant nightlife
- Enjoy free time to do more shopping and visit iconic attractions
What to Bring:
- Passport & visa documents
- I-94 form: Your guide will provide it on the way to Seattle and assist you in filling it out
- Warm clothes and/or layers
- Waterproof jacket
- Comfortable shoes to walk around the city
- 2 pieces of ID (drinking age in Seattle is 21+)
- US dollars in cash (optional)